Do you guys miss me? I miss you. And my blog.
But I guess the good thing about not having a blog to post every Monday morning means I can post a post whenever I want. Like today.
So story structure, editing, and proofing are out the window. Sorry. Hope you guys still like the unfiltered me. Maybe I should rename my blog: France Unfiltered
You are probably wondering how I am doing on my novel. Well I've written at least 100.......words.
I know you are underwhelmed. Me too.
So here's my (true) list of excuses of why I haven't had time to properly start to write:
1. Kids went back to school. Which? You think that would free up a lot of my time, but instead it constricts my household to-do list to a narrow window of opportunity, because as soon as school is over it becomes all about my kids. I am running around driving them everywhere. I am making breakfast, lunch, and dinners everyday (and have already run out of menu ideas) and even stupidly agreed to hemming my daughter's skirt (I DON'T SEW! THE SKIRT HAS PLEATS! IT TOOK ME 3 HOURS! WHAT WAS I THINKING?)
2. My dryer started smoking. And I don't mean cigarettes. Like a lint fire. So although we luckily avoided a house fire, it prompted a major cleaning session behind the washer and dryer. I found mail from 2008. Homework from 2007. And if dust that collected behind there was worth as much as cocaine, I could retire right now on some balmy island. Unfortunately my towels that were in the dryer when the LINT INCIDENT occurred, still smell like they have been hanging around a white trash campfire in Arkansas for a month.
3. My computer still has some kind of funky problem. It reboots every time I save a file. I am thinking this so cannot be good. Waiting for my husband to rebuild it.
4. I have been doing extreme housekeeping to make up for the last 10 months of negligence. I have decided housekeeping is not one of favorite things to do. My fingers perpetually smell like bleach and l keep accidentally spraying myself in the eye with Windex.
5. Lastly, I am in a funk since I found out my 80 year old mother in law has to have a hysterectomy. It seems completely unfair that an 80 year woman still has to deal with her uterus. I mean what the hell, when exactly do women only get a respite from reproductive organs?
Thanks for letting me vent. And forgiving my grammar errors and lack of novel progress. Unfortunately I have no time to update my logo, because I have to leave soon to do some stupid thing I volunteered to do. My next rant will be more of the old me.
Finally I think my Goodbye Rant gave the impression that I was done blogging. I am not. It will just be more erratic.